Sunday, September 14, 2014

The FCB Long Island Experience


            When I joined the FC Bayern Long Island Fan Club I didn’t know what to expect.  I’ve been a Bayern fan for some time now and always wanted a close by group to follow and watch the games with.  I saw the opportunity on Facebook and contacted Sebastian who has become a good friend.  We meet up at Plattdeutsche Park in Franklin Square in the morning to watch Bayern Munich play. 
            As I walked into Plattdeutsche I felt a huge German influence.  From the Steins to the Biergarten in the back, all things German were standing out.  I truly felt that this was a perfect place to watch my team play on the big screens.  We were greeted by some management and employees and felt part of something bigger than just a couple of guys watching a game.  The great hospitality made us feel wanted and appreciated at the bar.
            With all of us dressed to support the Sterne Des Sudens(stars of the south) Bayern Munich,  we felt like our own squad or team.  I believe the fact we all come from different ways of life made for a good combination.  We cheered when Bayern scored and we sighed when a shot was missed.  The fan club had full attention on Bayern.
            This group will do big things and grow to be a family of Bayern Supporters.  With some help from Plattdeutche as our official location, I’m sure people will be interested in joining. 

            If this article/entry is intriguing to you, join us on weekends when Bayern Munich play or contact us on facebook: FCBLongIslandNY or Twitter: @FCBLongIslandny.  We’ll make you part of our team on Long Island

No comments:

Post a Comment